Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Accomplishment!

For the new year, I set some goals.  Some have been trashed due to my upcoming surgery.  There's no way, with having my boob stitched to my rib March 3rd that I'll be running a marathon in April, for instance.  For some reason, I'm incapable of losing weight these days.  On the non-physical front, I'm dropping the ball everywhere is seems, which includes dropping the two classes I was taking.

However, I have been exercising 5 days most weeks; 6 or 7 on others.  I've discovered the "free" faculty and staff exercise classes (zumba and cardio/strength) at the Rec Center.  Free is in quotes because while we don't have to pay for these classes, we pay in other ways, oh, we most certainly do.  BGSU also has landed a grant from the Komen Foundation to offer exercise classes specifically for breast cancer ensurers.  At first, I was repetitious about these classes, fearing they'd be all fluffy and pink and stupid.  However, K, the teacher is anything but and has designed the classes to be quite rigorous.  These classes are wonderful, too, because there are never more than three people in them, so that's like having a personal trainer nearly all to myself twice a week, for free!  I've also got the weight routine that Mr. Happy has set up for me at the Community Center.  I try to do that three times a week.  And Amy and I have been hitting up Zumba every Saturday.  I love Zumba.  Loving zumba is not to say that I'm good at it.  I work up a sweat and have a good time, but what I'm doing certainly can not be construed in any way as dancing.  I'm getting better at it though.  My cha-cha-cha is up to the cha-cha-c level now.

Anyway, not much is happening in the professional and intellectual realms of my life.  My chemo-brain is not lessening.  I keep trying, but I'm not seeing much improvement on that front.  I still have not motivation for work.  I still experience annoying amounts of fatigue.

But today, I accomplished 200 squats and 200 crunches, two of the physical goals I'd set for myself for this year.

And that is a good feeling.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

LOL at "stupid and fluffy". Go YOU!! That's an awesome achievement!!