Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MRI results

I never got around to mentioning it here, but I had my "annual" MRI (or rather the MRI which I guess is to become an annual thing....) and the results were "unremarkable."  In this instance, it's good to be unremarkable.

I'm not sure the stress and expense of an annual MRI is called for, seeing as I have very little breast tissue (probably an "unremarkable" amount) and any recurrence is likely to show up distally, in my bones, liver, brain, lungs or all of the above.  At that point, it becomes "incurable."  Those types aren't diagnosed until there's some sort of symptoms.  It's unlikely that I'd experience a recurrence while I'm taking Tykerb, but that doesn't mean that I don't think about it often.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to be "unremarkable."

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Even so, you are remarkable :) Congratulations! So happy to read this update.