Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2011

In Search of Justice for Henry (and the others like him)

Last Spring, my friend, Katie Granju, lost her son, Henry, to a drug over-dose.  He was addicted to prescription opiates.  Abuse of these drugs is very common now.  In fact, in having conversations among my children and their friends as well as with my college freshmen, I've come to the conclusion that it's also very common here in NW Ohio.  It's common at the public schools, the private schools, the parochial schools...it's everywhere.

Now, Katie is attempting to find justice for Henry.  I encourage you all to read his story as she's reporting it in her blog.  I encourage you to talk to your children.  I especially encourage you to not assume that your kids' school is immune from this problem.  It's an addiction of the middle class and upper middle class children. 

No comments: