Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another happy post...


Today, my eldest child is 17. I'm pleased and proud of the young man he's become. It's hard for me to believe he's grown from the incredibly fat baby--so fat I couldn't button the side buttons on his size 2T Oshkosh overalls when he was 5 months old--to someone who can pull off Joey Ramone skinny jeans and still need a belt. He's making great headway moving into adulthood, most importantly by becoming accepted as a peer in several adult circles, including political activism. All in all, he makes my life easier and I'm glad he's a part of it (I feel the same about his brothers, but today is Nathan's day). I think everyone in BG is better off because Nathan is in the world, and that's how it should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's lucky to have you as his mother, too

dawn h-s said...

Oh, goodness. About an hour after I posted that, he blew off the tip of his finger (just the fleshy part), lacerated his forearm, jammed and bruised the other fingers on that hand, and we spent the rest of the night in ER. He's fine. Chagrined but fine. He scared himself but probably didn't scar himself permanently.

What's that line from the Pooh movie where the other animals get fed up with Tigger and try to lose him...something about being a humbled tigger?