Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Can't See the Forest For the Trees

It all makes sense now I I know my arm pain is due to Tennis Elbow. I'd been so focused on it having something to do with the chemo or port that I'd overlooked why, were it TE, it would go in cycles with my treatment. I've had problems with TE in the past and I just self treated. Tynan, the beast baby, started it when I had to lift his lard butt in and out of his car seat, and then it flared up again a few years ago with that powerless steering in the old van.

It seemed odd that something that would be caused by chemo would be better after my infusions. Being better before would make sense, but the pain goes away totally within a day or so of my infusions....

DUH....I'm so jacked on steroids I'm surprised I can even feel anything. How is TE treated? One way is through steroids.

Well, after three days and a huge bag infused yesterday, it's clear why I have no pain today.

Amazing things, steroids. This is one silver lining I don't mind. I just wish I could figure out a silver lining for swollen face, irrational food cravings, and lack of sleep.

No comments: