Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

November Thanks 2011, week 1

It has now become rather de rigueur on Facebook and elsewhere in the month of November to post one item a day you are thankful for up until Thanksgiving.

I'll be doing that weekly.  So, here we go for week 1:

1.  I'm thankful for my husband who has supported me through a lot in the 26 years we have been married....burying babies, cancer, job loss, financial emergencies....just to name a few.  He also works hard to keep the home fires burning.  On top of that, he's a good father and role model for his boys.

2.  I'm thankful for the Marvelous Middle boy, who I know feels overlooked quite a bit, but such is the nature of middledom.  He's taught me more than he will ever know about unconditional love, acceptance, and passion.  He's growing into a strong young many, dedicated and diligent.  He has passion, faith, and willingness to do what is right over what is easy makes me proud.  He's proven himself as a loyal brother and friend.

3.  I'm thankful for the Feral Third.  Life would have been too easy if not for him.  He keeps me on my toes.  His love of beauty and texture amazes me. He's a deep thinker and asks questions that keep me thinking.  He is mature and yet also enjoys being young.  He pleases many around him and always has fun and unique insights.

4.  I'm thankful for The Eldest.  I've learned a lot raising him, and now that he's an adult, I enjoy spending time with him.  It's been great watching him fully enter the adult world, showing responsibility and maturity.  He's always got something to say about everything.

5.  I'm thankful for my students.  Of course, they keep me employed, but that's just the start of it.  They keep me young at heart.  They teach me more than  I teach them.  They make me laugh.  They make me smile.  They are the high point of my job.

6.  I'm thankful for steroids that take away my elbow pain.  As horrible as they make me feel....flushed, jittery, insatiably hungry, sleepless, anxious....the fact that they remove the pain makes it all worth it.

No comments: