Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Awesome Christmas Eve Gift

The gift of a shower. First shower in 9 days. It was wonderful. Exhausting, but wonderful. Seriously, taking a shower and changing all of my clothes all at the same time was the most sustained exercise I've had in 9 days, and it got my heart beating.

That was depressing.

And the nap I had to take afterward, while enjoyable, was also depressing.

But the hot water felt wonderful. There were several areas I couldn't reach, like my back and my lower legs/feet, but I did manage to wash my head, even if it did take my breath away.

I still can't open my closet, so I don't know why I find this surprising.

Merry Christmas to all.

2 comments:

Theresa Williams said...

It will get better day by day. I'm so glad everything went well and you are on the mend. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Dawn.

dawn h-s said...

Thanks, Theresa.