Search This Blog

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday, Oct. 11: 6 miles, 12,709 steps

So, not all at one time, but over the course of the day, I walked to the Kroger area several times, for various reasons: (1) as Aidan and I started out to just go on a walk, he informed me that none of his jackets and hoodies from last year fit now, so we went to Goodwill, where we found three that will suffice until payday, when we can go to TJMaxx and Plato's Closet and find better ones; (2) Aidan and I walked Tynan to a birthday party at the bowling alley, then went to the Dollar Store to pick up plastic crap for Tynan's school Halloween party, mechanical pencils for Aidan, and then continued to Subway, which was a pitiful "mom and son date" but I'm counting it as one nonetheless; (3) back to pick Tynan up from the party at the bowling alley and then on to the Dollar Store, yet again, to pick up more hand sanitizer and stickers to put on my students' papers (Alfie Kohn, by the way is full of crap...rewards do work...see my pedometer as proof), and back to really pick Tynan up, then back home. Then, shortly before dinner, I walked to Jeffers', the long way, to drop some things off for Amy. Not only did I walk there, but I also didn't stay there, so it was uninterrupted exercise. I will admit that I had to wait for traffic on Main Street on the way home...at least I didn't sit down.

No comments: