Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Even more frightening than cancer...

...is the treatment.

Tomorrow, I go for my first radiation appointment. I'll have tiny tattoos made that will help the doctors line up the radiation.

Then they will make a body mold so that I lie in the same position for ever treatment.

Then they will run some simulations.

When they are convinced that they are ready to zap me just enough, but not too much, in just the right places and as minimally as possible in the wrong places--which could take anywhere from 1-3 days and practice runs--I'll start getting zapped daily.

The scary thing about radiation is that if they screw up, it will kill me.

And the thing is, there is no way to know if they are screwing up.

Until it is too late.

2 comments:

Dionna @Code Name: Mama said...

Good Lord. That is terrifying. How do you deal with the stress?!

Abs said...

I'm thinking about you Dawn, as you head in for your radiation, and I'll be hoping and praying big time that everything goes as it should to get you healthy!