Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I will miss something about chemo...

...the early days after treatment and having to eat whatever sounds good. I can't not eat it because of the steroid driven appetite. I can't not eat it because if it sounds good, it won't make me feel bad.

I just finished an entire small pineapple and green olive pizza from Pisanello's. Since 1980, that has been my absolute favorite pizza and absolute favorite place to order pizza from. 352-5166.

I have cancelled checks that go back to September of 1980 for this treat.

Since we no longer order pizza as a family (because it's way too expensive), I rarely ate it, until I started chemo crashes.

I'm feeling the urge again.....

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Ugh, I remember cooking those pizzas in my days there. For some reason the pineapple grossed me out (it was the 80's, so, like, gag me with a spoon, totally!) Straight up pepperoni here. Are you surprised? I didn't think so...

fairytail3982 said...

Sounds yummy - I will have to try it! One of my favorites is pineapple and banana peppers.